Sunday, April 16, 2017

Arkham Asylum 

Arkham-Asylum.jpg

Arkham Asylum is a comic that really takes a horrifying and dark turn to the Batman saga. It's something I would not normally read. However, I really enjoyed this comic. The beautifully drawn illustrations and master storytelling drew me into the entire narrative. There is so much simplicity and stylization in some of the drawings and in others are very detailed environments that are masterfully designed and colorized. Batman is not one of my favorite everyday superheroes and see him portrayed as more of a criminal and vigilante than the classics that have powers. His advanced weaponry and combat skills make him a master at fighting. Ben Affleck's portrayal in Batman Vs Superman was very well done. There was one thing that did not work well when Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were fighting Doomsday. Since Batman is not a god he was pretty much rendered useless in this fight. I liked Christian Bale's portrayal is Batman in The Dark Knight series a lot more. It reminded me more of the comics especially when he was fighting the joker, which reminded me of the joker in this comic. The joker is my all time favorite DC comics villain. His tricks as well as insanity makes him perfect against the crime fighting superhero Batman. This comic goes full insane when the joker takes the mantel and Heath Ledgers portrayal of the character is just as disturbed and insane as the one in this comic. Overall, I would recommend this comic to people who enjoy horror and being terrified. This is a comic I enjoyed but I am not a huge fan of comics or movies that goes full on insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment